|Canon PIXMA MX496|
The Canon MX496 Mounting both cartridges for this printer is a workout in clumsiness contrasted to lots of other printers. The black (PG645) as well as colour (CL646) cartridges need to be pressed into the print head, which is accessible by going down the front door, as well as you require to crane your neck so that you can see it. The cartridges do not go in smoothly, though they are assisted to where they need to go, as well as you need to use some pressure to obtain them to click right into place. A beep from the printer will certainly let you understand if you have actually been successful.The cartridge price is $25 for black and $30 for colour, and both have a specified return of 180 web pages. You're looking at a specified running cost of about 26 cents per page (without the price of the plain paper). If you print full-page papers, as well as papers with a lot of graphics, this return be lower. If you publish pictures, it will certainly be much lower.Adding paper to the printer is additionally awkward. The input tray, which holds 100 sheets, is located at the base of the printer, as well as it doesn't come out completely. Instead, it comes out just part of the method to make sure that you can see the paper guides in order to put your paper correctly.
Canon PIXMA MX496 Specifications:
- PRINTER SPECIFICATIONS
- Print Resolution: Up to 4800¹ x 1200 dpi.
- Print Technology: 2 FINE Cartridges (BK, CL).
- Inkjet system with 2pl (min): ink droplet size.
- Mono Document Print Speed: Approx. 8.8 ipm.
- Colour Document Print Speed: Approx. 4.4 ipm.
- Photo Print Speed: Borderless 10x15cm: Approx. 70 seconds.
- Borderless Printing: Yes (A4, LTR, 20x25cm, 13x18cm, 10x15cm).
- Two Sided Printing: User Manual.
- SCANNER SPECIFICATIONS
- Scanner Type: Flatbed & ADF.
- Scanner Resolution (Optical): Up to 600 x 1200 dpi.
- A4 Scan Speed: Approx. 15 seconds.
- Maximum Document Size: Flatbed: A4, LTR (216x297mm), ADF: A4, LTR, LGL.
- Optical Character Recognition: Yes.
- Scanning Depth (Input / Output): Colour: 48 bit / 24 bit, Greyscale: 16 bit / 8 bit.
- COPIER SPECIFICATIONS
- Copy Speed - Colour Document: sFCOT: Approx. 28 seconds, sESAT: Approx. 3.6 ipm, sESAT ADF: Approx. 2.7 ipm.
- Multiple Copy: 1 to 99 pages.
- Copy zoom: 25-400%.
- Print functions: Document Copying, Photo Copying, Fit-to-Page Copying, Borderless Copying.
- Print quality settings: Fast, Standard, High.
- FAX SPECIFICATIONS
- Fax Type: Super G3 / Colour.
- Fax Resolution: Mono: up to 300 x 300dpi, Colour: 200 x 200 dpi.
- Fax Speed: Mono: approx. 3 sec. (33.6kbps), Colour: approx. 1 min. (33.6kbps).
- Fax Memory: Up to 50 pages.
- COMPATIBLE INKS
- Standard Ink Cartridges: PG-545 (Black), CL-546 (Colour).
- Optional XL Ink Cartridges: PG-545XL (Black), CL-546XL (Colour).
- INK YIELDS: BK (Pigment Black), Black: 180 pages, Black XL: 400 pages, CL (Colour - CMY), Colour: 180 pages, Colour XL: 300 pages.
- Testing standards: ISO/IEC 24711 for A4 color document pages, Values obtained by continuous printing, Estimated supplemental yield.
- PAPER SUPPORT
- Paper Types: Plain Paper, Photo Paper Pro Platinum (PT-101), Photo Paper Plus Glossy II (PP-201), Photo Paper Pro Luster (LU-101), Photo Paper Plus Semi-gloss (SG-201), Glossy Photo Paper "Everyday Use" (GP-501/GP-601), Matte Photo Paper (MP-101).
- Maximum Paper Input: Max. 100 sheets of plain paper, Max. 20 sheets of photo paper.
- Paper Sizes: A4, A5, B5, LTR, LGL, 13x18cm, 10x15cm.
- Paper Weight: Plain paper: 64 - 105 g/m², Canon photo paper up to 300 g/m² (PT-101).
- Interface Type - PC / Mac: Hi-Speed USB (B Port), Wi-Fi: IEEE802.11 b/g/n, Wi-Fi Security: WPA-PSK, WPA2-PSK, WEP, Administration password, Wireless LAN Frequency Band: 2.4GHz.
- Interface Type - OTHER: PIXMA Cloud Link (from smartphone / tablet).
- Canon PRINT app: Canon Print Service Plugin (Android), Google Cloud Print, Apple AirPrint, Access point mode.
- Supported Mobile Systems: iOS, Android, Windows RT, Minimum System Requirements, Windows: 3GB disk space, Internet Explorer 8, Mac: Internet connection, 1.5GB disk space, Safari 5, Display: 1024 x 768 XGA.
- Software Included: MP Driver including Scanning Utility, Quick Menu, My Image Garden, Easy-WebPrint EX (plug-in for IE8 or higher).
- PHYSICAL FEATURES
- Display Type & Size: Full dot LCD display.
- Automatic Document Feeder: Up to 20-sheets.
- Dimensions (W x D x H): approx. 435 x 295 x 189 mm.
- Weight: 5.9 kg.
Canon PIXMA MX496 Compatibility Operating Systems:
- Windows 10
- Windows 8.1 (including Windows 8.1 Update), Windows 8
- Windows 7, Windows 7 SP1
- Windows Vista SP2
- Windows XP SP3 (32 bit only)
- Note: For Windows, NET Framework 4 or. NET Framework 4.5 is required.
- For Windows XP, XPS Essentials Pack is required.
- Mac OS X v10.7.5 to Mac OS X v10.10
Canon PIXMA MX496 Driver and User Manual Download
|MX496 series Full Driver & Software Package (Mac)|
|MX496 series Full Driver & Software Package (Windows)|
|MX496 series CUPS Printer Driver Ver. 126.96.36.199 (Mac)|
|MX496 series MP Drivers Ver. 1.02 (Windows)|
|ICA Driver Ver. 4.1.3 (Mac)|
|MX496 series XPS Printer Driver Ver. 5.85 (Windows)|
|IJ Printer Driver Ver. 5.10 for Linux (Debian Packagearchive)|
|IJ Printer Driver Ver. 5.10 for Linux (rpm Packagearchive)|
|IJ Printer Driver Ver. 5.10 for Linux (Source file)|
|ScanGear MP Ver. 3.10 for Linux (Debian Packagearchive)|
|ScanGear MP Ver. 3.10 for Linux (rpm Packagearchive)|
|ScanGear MP Ver. 3.10 for Linux (Source file)|
|MX496 series (PDF) User Manual (Mac)|
|MX496 series (PDF) User Manual (Windows)|